Sunday, July 29, 2012

A Little This and A Little That

I have some randomness for you today. Last week I was at the apartment and visited Twist Yarns of Intrigue in Manhattan Beach at the recommendation of my friend, Cheryl. She visited Twist on a yarn hop to L.A. Cheryl blogs at Acorn to Oak and she loves to knit, crochet and hike. Sometimes she knits while she hikes. She's made a several beautiful shawls. I, however, am still working on "THE NEVER ENDING SHAWL" project that I started years ago. Even in this original post in 2009, I was thinking about quitting the project. It seems I'm not cut out for lace. I get tired of it and put it down. Then, months later, will pick it up again. Therefore, it's taking me forever.  
Well, I try to stay away from yarn stores since I have so much yarn and am not accomplishing much these days. But, on Cheryl's recommendation (yes, I'm blaming her) I visited Twist. I think it was the most beautiful yarn store I have seen. I have been to LYS's all over the country. Every single skein of yarn was gorgeous!  Yes, I did buy something, two skeins of Malabrigo Silky Merino.  The pattern is Cat Bordhi's Moebius shawl.  I like to try new things with each project and have never made a Moebius shawl or scarf. I even purposefully put down the blue yarns that I am always drawn to and bought a lavender color.  I only took one photo while there, basically because I was too busy petting the yarn.  
I will definitely be going back.  Maybe weekly, in spite of my STASH.

Then on our date night, my HH found this fun book for me. It's really great and goes through the history, society, style, interiors and clothing of Downton Abbey.  Check it out, if you're a fan of DA, you'll love it!

Last Wednesday I went on another hike and took pictures again.  I hope they don't bore you too much.  It was such a beautiful morning.  We saw a rainbow come right into the field next to us, but it wasn't in color.  I've never seen anything like it.  Here's a peek.
 Incredible, isn't it? Here's another picture of the fog. If you look closely, you can see all the spider webs in the grass that have still have dew on them.
We finished off Saturday at a free concert in the park with some Classic Rock music.  
We had a lovely time with friends on a gorgeous evening.  
Thanks for stopping by for a visit.  I hope you had a lovely weekend too!

2 comments:

  1. All my fault?! hee hee I'm glad you liked it. Yeah...it's a dangerous place! I'd love to risk the danger and meet you there sometime. I'm working hard to finish a project with yarn from there. Then, maybe I would feel a bit less guilty if I buy more. IF?! I think it would be hard not to buy anything there! lol I go to shops whenever I travel too and Twist is one of my all time favorites. :-)

    Oooh...I'm so jealous that you're getting to hike in Santa Rosa. I love it there. It's so beautiful! Great pictures! Let me know if you ever want company. ;-)

    Sounds like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy cow!! a rainbow with no color! pretty pictures karen...i am glad you are into hiking.
    erin
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. Please say hello while you are here. It would be so wonderful to meet you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails