Monday, July 23, 2012

Cravings



                                              Roasted Green Beans with Mushrooms
                                                  Tomato Basil Mozzarella Salad
                                           Five Spice Turkey and Lettuce Wraps
                                                    Flower Power Eggs
I've started the South Beach Diet this past week.  It's first two weeks are crazy strict in order to get some initial quick weight loss and get rid of sugar and starch cravings.  That has worked very well and I can already see good progress. It's very healthy eating, with lean protein and vegetables.  So, the food in the above photographs would fit right into this crazy initial Phase 1.  I actually haven't tried these particular recipes.  I did try baked zucchini chips that are on Pinterest.  I wasn't terribly fond of them.  I do, however, like Kale chips. Unfortunately, the things I want to eat are in the following photos. YUM!  I think they will be few and far between in the future.  But, I can "pin" luscious recipes.  I think it's going to take a little longer to get rid of these cravings.  




                          Mac and Cheese with Roasted Chicken, Goat Cheese and Rosemary
                                  Fresh Cherry and Dark Chocolate Chunk Scones 
Has anyone else tried the SB Diet? You can follow me on Pinterest and maybe we can share recipes. 
Follow Me on Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Those top pics look delicious. I think I must be past those cravings because those bottom ones don't look good to me now. Yay! You'll make it. It just takes a little time....and experimenting and eating of healthy stuff. Happy eating! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No SB but I hear you on the cravings. I'm counting servings of F,V, B, M, P and, no surprise, too many breads. I live alone and portion control is always a challenge (plus I'm a pretty good cook--she says modestly :-). So, have been eating the Lean Cuisine Market Collection--decent vegetables and fresh herbs. Still, it's 11pm and I'm hungry so will just go to bed. Good luck to you Karen.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. Please say hello while you are here. It would be so wonderful to meet you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails