Monday, January 10, 2011

New House Inspiration

I love the blue beadboard interior of these bookshelves.  
I'm going to have to find a spot for this beautiful bulletin board from Lonny.
I love the neutral coziness of this dining room.
Kathryn Ireland via Cote de Texas
Neutral with a touch of blue and gold from Southern Accents.
My new kitchen is not white. It seems that I have only saved pictures of white kitchens. I've search high and low for kitchens I like with stained cabinetry. I'm sure there are some, there has to be. I just couldn't come up with one right now. I love the mix of woods and white in this kitchen. I like how the table comes off of the island with the beautiful wing backs around it. I love the checked valances and the blue walls. I can at least paint and make curtains. If you have any photos of beautiful stained cabinet kitchens please forward them along, would you? Thanks, ever so much. 
I love the combination of pink with this brown.  My new house is painted brown.  I really like it, but I don't really decorate with pink so I may not go this direction.  It is so much fun, though. This photo is from Veranda, or Southern Accents, I believe.
I love this color palette.  One bedroom is this gray and we're planning on using gold and creme's with it. 
I'm not giving up my craft room. I may have to share it with my husband's office, but it's a big room.  I wish there was this much sun pouring into it, but I'll lighten it up and it will be perfect! There's a huge closet in that room. I'm going to research Elfa products to organize with. As you can see there is a lot of dreaming going on over here. There is more to come, including landscaping ideas! All I can say is cha ching! We're going to have to do things slowly.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Karen
    Happiest of New Years to you!! Thanks so much for popping by and kind comment re the xmas tree.. we like to do things differently here.. haha

    Well.. I just love that image from Lonny.. so happy and fresh.. as is the blue & white kitchen... long been a favourite of mine and wouldn't it be great to have enough space to create it!!

    Have a lovely week.. and thanks again.. xxx Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi karen,
    o.k... can i live vicariously through you during this move? FUN! i love all your inspiring ideas! some people think a move is a lot of work, but i think it's all soo exciting! and your new house is to die for. i can't wait to see the landscape ideas too....of course it's all about that gorgeous view.....
    more snow here tomorrow...we are having a blast with it.
    erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello karen - happy new year !
    so much fun "deciding" - what a challenge, but a fun one.
    To say thanks for your continued inpiration drop on by for my nomination of you for a stylish blogger award :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. Please say hello while you are here. It would be so wonderful to meet you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails