Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Crafting in Texas

Hello everyone!  You read that right.  I'm in Texas these days.  Crazy turn of events, isn't it?  We are still missing Japan very much.  I do miss all of my crafty adventures while living there.  I really hadn't planned on blogging again anytime soon.  Most of what I do I share on Instagram.  You can follow me @ksueb.  

Recently I have been playing with a process called Cyanotype.  You may remember doing it as a child or with your children.  I've seen some artists trying it on Instagram and asked for a kit for Christmas.  It had quite the trip getting to me, but eventually I received it.  I didn't really try it until recently when I had more time and the sun was strong.  It is a chemical process that was invented in the 1800's and was eventually used to catalog botanicals.  I'll leave you some links for more information.  This is the Wikipedia explanation.  The kit is no longer available at Interweave.com, but this DVD gives instruction and some resources. 

Here is what I've done so far.

These were wild grasses. 
Queen Anne's Lace (Daucus Carota)
Mexican Hat (Ratibida columnifera)

What are you going to do with them, you ask?  That, my friends, is TBD.  I might frame them or sew them into something.  I'm just having fun at the moment, playing.  Hope you are all well and enjoying your summer.  We have big things on the horizon and I'll maybe keep you updated here.  If there is still anyone out there.  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. Please say hello while you are here. It would be so wonderful to meet you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails