Thursday, November 7, 2013

Christmas Prep Already?

A couple of friends and I are newly responsible for the church Christmas decorations this year. There is some updating that needs to take place and always on a minimal budget. We decided to add some natural elements and therefore, the reason for painted pinecones. Some are dipped, which are my favorite.  Others are brushed with foam brushes.  I really like how they turned out.  

I also decided to make banners for one tree with the names of Jesus. Now, what was going to be the easiest and fastest way to transfer the words onto the burlap ribbon, you ask? I tried the old trace-it-on-the-window technique with a Sharpie marker and I think it turned out great. Now I have several more to make.  Sometime.
I had to run errands today and do some clothes shopping.  Hate that.  I had to because we're going somewhere fun on a business trip in a week. Anyway, first I was at World Market to buy some coffee.  Ended up with some cute Christmas ornaments as well. I saw this fun kit while trying to find the coffee.  If you have an Ugly Christmas Sweater party, these would be a great addition.  A friend of mine sells baking supplies and cookie cutters at Sweet Art Factory. I know there are a couple of shirt cutters that would work for this idea. I sent her a picture of this kit, so maybe she'll start carrying a sweater cutter.  
 Then on to Pottery Barn to buy a gift certificate for a wedding gift.  All their pretty Christmas decorations are out. Believe it or not, I didn't leave with any!

I really love this big red knitted cable pillow cover, though.  I think I already have red yarn to make something similar.  I found three different free knitting patterns for cabled pillows here, here, and here. Too bad Christmas is so close, I'm not sure I can finish one before December.  I can always start it though.  I'm pretty good at starting things. . . 

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you're having lots of fun with the decorations! I looked for pinecones that next day on our hike but we found them higher up on the mountain. It was too far to carry them. Especially since the trail was a bit technical and I used a pole sometimes. We even encountered some ice and snow! It was a great day! I love that red pillow at Pottery Barn too! It's the first thing that popped out to me in that pic. Let me know when you get some time to hike. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are getting ready for the season. I too love that red pillow. Hope you can get one finished. Thanks for sharing your lovely creations. Have a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun!
    Hit some thrift store, you could turn a red sweater
    into a pillow.

    Take care.

    M :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. Please say hello while you are here. It would be so wonderful to meet you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails