Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Road Trip

Can you say, packed in like sardines? 
We left California with every single nook and cranny filled in my daughter's tiny car.
 Even Buddy had his tiny, padded capsule of a space in the back seat. 
We tied the clothes up so they wouldn't fall on him during a turn.
We wanted to make sure we took a detour the first day and see the Grand Canyon.  
It was our first time and it did not disappoint! It's especially beautiful in the late afternoon.
 A small herd of Elk were checking for food leftovers by the visitor's center.  
This guy walked right up to the car and crossed the street.

Incredible layers of cliffs.
We left the Grand Canyon with a gorgeous sunset. Most of my pictures aren't as beautiful. They were taken either in the flat lands of New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas or through a bug covered windshield. Definitely not my best work. I just wanted to fill you in with some prettiness. I fly back home tomorrow. Tonight is our final night together and I'm hoping I can get through dinner in one piece.  I'll see you all on the other side! 

4 comments:

  1. good luck tonight! letting go is so hard...but your daughter is heading off towards her future...and the future looks so bright! be proud, shed some tears if needed and let her soar.......
    erin
    xxoo
    p.s. empty nests have their benefits :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...enjoy your last night....safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daughter moving to new job, Karen? One of the greatest gifts my parents gave me was to not stand in my way or hold me back when I set out on adventures. I know you're doing the same thing.

    Thanks for sharing the Grand Canyon detour--closest I'll get for a few years--but someday. Breathtaking vistas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. Please say hello while you are here. It would be so wonderful to meet you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails