Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Fairy Gardens or Terrariums

 I spent last Saturday with my Aunt in Old Town Orange while the boys set up their Fantasy teams.
She took me to this little store that had A LOT going on.  They were having three classes at the time, one was planting a fairy garden. It was crazy busy and I thought the little gardens were really fun. A little girl of about 8 was having an especially good time with her Mom.
 I loved the pot that this class member chose. She was getting lots of compliments.
 This one was my favorite.


The smartest thing about this place is that you can buy 6 different tiny plants for $6. You pick your own combination.  Isn't that a great idea?  I've often looked for plants like this for terrariums and you have to buy 6 of the same kind of plant.  Who needs that?  I thought it was a very clever idea.  I'm more inclined to make a terrarium than a fairy garden.  Which would you make?
 Then we were off to Country Roads, my favorite antique mall in Orange. 
I found this fun bottle to bring home.
I've been searching for a fun table for awhile now, checking the thrift stores for a cheap but cute table for next to my wicker chair on the patio. I've had no luck. At the antique store, I found this very cute table with two shelves for $24! I thought that was a steal. It's okay in yellow, but I've been envisioning a red table here, so that's the plan.  I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. How fun! I've been wanting to make a fairy garden for a while. We saw some years ago at an herb garden place east of San Diego and recently I've seen them in magazines. I've been wondering where I could find cute miniature things to use in it and...like you said...a choice of appropriate plants without buying them in multi-packs. We pass by that little dragonfly shop all the time but never go in because it looks like it just has wind chimes and "stuff". Thanks for the tip! What a great find! I can't wait to go!

    What a great find and price on that little table! I've been keeping my eye out for little tables too but haven't found any bargains like that! I bet it'll look great in red!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great find on the little table, it would be pretty in red! Thanks for stopping by, Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. Please say hello while you are here. It would be so wonderful to meet you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails