Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Chili Cookoff

My husband's office had a Chili Cook Off last week.  He asked me to make some chili.  Little did I know that he also had to decorate his chef's hat.  He gave me free reign.  I bet he regretted that later.  I wrote HOT and SPICY on the brim along with some flames.  Then I attached a "tassel" of veggies; green onion, garlic bulb and a jalapeno.  If nothing else, we got a good laugh out of it.  Isn't he a good sport?




Our chili didn't win.  It was all gone though. So that tells you something. The guy who won and smoked Tri-tip for his chili. I would've liked to have tasted that. That would've been difficult to compete with. My husband had the best hat though.  Evidently he had to model it for pictures. 

2 comments:

  1. Great hat! Yeah...the winning chili does sound pretty good. I bet your chili was a close runner up though! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. I hope I didn't get the crazy genes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. Please say hello while you are here. It would be so wonderful to meet you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails