Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Oh What A Day, Part Three

We left our antiquing excursion in search of a little bitty sign that said Lavender Farm.  It only took us twice up and down the road to see it from the opposite direction. After much winding and turning, we turned onto a dirt road.  There were still signs teasing us along the way.  All along this dirt road there were woodpeckers sitting on the fence rails.  Usually they were in couples. When his lady left him, he sat and posed for me for quite awhile.
But, then when a BIG SUV pulls up with two laughing women, he was outta here!
 I think the little guy below thought he was hiding.
Finally after turning around and asking directions, we found the Lavender Farm!
 We just hadn't gone far enough.
 Lovely rows of lavender greeted us.


 Here was a bed showing many different varieties.
These ladies were having a play day too, enjoying the beautiful scenery and capturing it on canvas.

 You could buy fresh and dried lavender, all kinds of lotions and cremes, sachets and soaps.
There was another very cute birdhouse.
 I especially liked this homemade wind chime.
This deli was where we stopped for directions.  We're going to have to go back and eat there next time.  It was very cute and cozy inside. 

 It was a lovely day in the country.
I think the woodpeckers have been busy.  We'll be back to see them next year.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That place looks awesome! I'm going to have to plan a trip out that way to find it. :-D

    Cheryl
    acorntooak.blogspot.com

    P.S. I have to post "anonymously" because it won't let me do it any other way. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing the hills in the background and the palm trees, makes me homesick for southern CA. :-( I don't think I've ever seen rows of lavender like that. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A note to Anonymous and others having problems posting using a Google profile: I learned from another very frustated commenter that if you DO NOT have the box checked to stay signed in, it will let you post your comment. So far that works for me, so hope this helps others. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a wonderful time out in the country.
    I always have enjoyed the trips away from the big city here and out in the rural part of Texas. There is so much to explore, to see and to enjoy.

    I love the picture with the rows of lavender. That's gorgeous!
    Paula Jo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. Please say hello while you are here. It would be so wonderful to meet you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails