Sunday, July 25, 2010

Knitting Store Excursions - Part Two

Yesterday I shared with you a link to Sarah's Fabrics in Lawrence, Kansas.  Across the street is the Yarn Barn which has knitting and weaving supplies.  It's a fiber Fantasyland.  You come in the door to luscious color combination's like these.  They have a great catalog and website.  I bought a yarn called Irish Lace to make the Big Hug Mobius pattern that I bought at Yarn Barn years ago.  You can find the kit here.  This is the cute pattern. The yarn is cotton and linen, so it should be good for our Southern California climate.





Doesn't yarn make the prettiest pictures?  I also bought a sock yarn the other day at Knit Wit.  I don't want to make socks, but do want to follow (copy) in my friend Cheryl's footsteps and make a lace shawl with sock yarn.  Her's are crochet projects.  I'm going to knit, because I'm a lousy crocheter.  Something I want to work on. You can see many of Cheryl's beautiful projects on her blog Acorn to Oak. The yarn I bought is by Malabrigo and has a beautiful blue variegation. But, I'll show you that another day. 

1 comment:

  1. Yarn Barn?! How exciting! I would love to go there someday. I've only been able to shop at their booth at a fiber festival years ago. That must have been sooooo fun! So many pretty colors and yarns! Wow! Wow! Wow! :-D And, cones! They would be awesome for big shawls!

    Thanks for your kind words and the link to my blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. Please say hello while you are here. It would be so wonderful to meet you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails