Monday, July 26, 2010

Handmade Love




I thought I'd show you the gift I made for my oldest daughter's birthday which was Wednesday.  Unfortunately I didn't seem to take a picture of the finished gift.  All these handmade dishtowels and dishcloths were stuffed (for lack of a better word) into a fun vase along with wooden spoons, yellow and green spatulas, and a green oven mit from Williams Sonoma. This all started when I wrote this post about vintage dishtowels.  My daughter loves Vintage Modern and I knew she would enjoy these additions to her new kitchen.  The pink dishcloth is a pattern from Deb at Homespun Living.  The dishtowels and transfers are from Aunt Martha's that I found at Michaels. 
 Happy Birthday DD1

10 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to DD1 ! The towels are adorable. What a sweet gift from Mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. those dishtowels are so cute I'm scared to use them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to DD1. I love Aunt Martha's. The towels are great and I like the dishcloths too....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooohhh! I love vintage dish towels and your new ones are gorgeous! Did you use the moda fabric with it? Such a great job. She is so blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I know I'm obsessing, but your stitches are just perfect. Any secrets for that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a thoughtful gift and I'm sure she'll treasure them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome gift. Those little towels just make me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are Awesome!!!I love the dish towels, they all turned out very nice. That was sweet of you, your such a good Mom! Did she like them?

    ME!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bet your daughter was thrilled to get those! The silverware pattern is really cute!!! I have several embroidered dish clothes that my grandmother made and I really treasure them. Your knit cloth patterns are much more complicated looking than my simple crocheted dishcloths. 9I've been making them too.) Don't you love that cotton yarn though?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. Please say hello while you are here. It would be so wonderful to meet you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails