Sunday, February 7, 2010

Red Velvet Cupcakes


We've been invited to a friend's home for a Valentine dinner on Saturday night. I had planned at Christmas to make a Red Velvet Cake that didn't happen.  There are just so many sweets at the Holidays and sooner or later you just have to put an end to it all. So, I have all the ingredients and it seems perfect for Valentine's Day. I have made Red Velvet cake for years. Some results have been better than others. I remember the time it turned out more like Red Velvet brownies. Or the time, it ended up in a snow bank on my way to a friend's for dinner. I don't remember if it was after we'd tasted it or before. But, after all these years, I have never made it into cupcakes. I bought cute cupcake liners and sprinkles the other day. The well known local bakery supply was not at all helpful or friendly. How do people stay in business these days without being helpful or at least nice? That wouldn't fly in our store.  At All.  Anyway, does anyone out there in the blogosphere know whether I need to change anything in the recipe or cooking time in order to make cupcakes?  

Are you making anything special for Valentine's Day?

BTW, my light nachos turned out really good! I didn't take pictures. I wolfed them down too quickly.  

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't think you'd need to do anything differently with the cake batter, Karen. Probably should cut baking time down a bit. And, of course, make extra cream cheese frosting! I'm thinking that the old southern recipe I used to make had a different kind of frosting. You cooked flour and milk to a paste, cooled it and then added the sugar, butter, etc. Does that sound familiar?

    No special Valentine treats being prepared here. I am sending Kentucky-made chocolate(Jameson's and Blue Mondays) and a copy of John Keats' love letters and poems to Fanny Brawne to Baltimore. Hope all this snow doesn't prevent mail carrier from playing cupid. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. Please say hello while you are here. It would be so wonderful to meet you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails