Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Treasures

This magnetic chalk board will come in handy by the back door.
Christmas garland made out of cans.
I'm not sure why some things strike my fancy on any particular day.  I was told that these were high heel shoe display stands.  I'm not so sure.  I actually tried to sit shoes on them and it didn't work at all.  What do you think these are?
I love this darling purse and will use it this Christmas.  The sign is an award for some kind of Agriculture competition.  Some of the signs were about cows.  I'm not sure about this one.  
This is my favorite purchase.  It's a route sign from a double decker UK Bus.  These are very popular lately and you can find reproductions in common catalogs.  I love it.

* I'm adding this to Melissa's Beautiful Life Friday.  Visit other blogs who are participating here.  See more of our fun day at the Rose Bowl Flea market with other Southern California bloggers here.

8 comments:

  1. Wow! You found a lot of great stuff! I especially like the chalkboard and the bus sign...it looks really big! My first thought when I saw the "high heel shoes stands" was that they looked like bats. It would be interesting to find out their real purpose. Looks like you had an awesome, fun day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will you tell us what the goodies cost? I love a bargain and I know you are a thrifty girl. Did you haggle?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of these you've shared today! Unique & beautiful! I can never find anything like this. Must have to be in the right place at the right time. :)

    Enjoy your day!
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a bit envious of your finds. All of them and that garland made from cans has just enough vintage bling to make my head turn. I like those little stands and have never seen anything like them before.
    T

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bus sign. Holmfirth is a town in West Yorkshire, not too far away from where my family live in the UK and I recognised many of the names on the list.
    Very pretty countryside around there.
    Thanks for the memory.
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you have got some fun finds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun finds you have!! The vintage Christmas garland is darling- I wonder how they bent the tops like that?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. Please say hello while you are here. It would be so wonderful to meet you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails