Friday, September 4, 2009

Floral Fridays

I'm trying to wrap my head around the fact that it's September. September usually means the start of school, new school clothes, beginning new activities, baking with apples, raking of leaves, slowly shutting down the garden and of course football. It's really odd when September doesn't "look" like it used to. I have no more school children at home, no more back-to-school clothes shopping to do.  Maybe that's a good thing.  The weather is not cooperating here either. It's been over 100 for a couple of weeks.  There are certainly no leaves to rake in my little California yard. That's alright, I've done my share. Gardens don't shut down here. They just keep on keeping on. Football does/has begun and I certainly can still bake. That could be a problem, though. I think I need to redefine Fall and come up with new traditions. But, alas, the Fall decorating still happens. Need to get that box down. . . HONEY! . . 

3 comments:

  1. I agree...Fall doesn't look like it use to...or how it does in my mind. I still remain hopeful for cooler weather, crisp mornings, baking, and Fall colors...I know I'll have to drive to see the colors..but, I'm so excited about it all. I love Fall! Thanks for reminding me about the Fall decorating! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this is my first year in 23 years, that I am not buying uniforms, books and calculators that cost more than my laptop. And so...I have more time on my hands and it seems I am throwing myself full force into everything, including fall decorating. I haven't actually started, I just have a growing pile in my den that keeps getting added to!!

    Fall traditionally starts October 1 here in the Midwest. Using fresh pumpkins, gourds and straw stacks, well it can all get pretty smelly and messy after about a month or so...

    Thanks for writing such a relavant post for this time of year, my friend!

    xoxox
    Jane,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen,
    Because we don't decorate the outside of our homes, according to the seasons, in quite the same way that you do in the US, I always enjoy seeing and reading about what people do.
    Changing the mailbox cover is about all that I do!
    I look forward to hearing about your new traditions.
    a bientot
    Maggie @ Normandy Life

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. Please say hello while you are here. It would be so wonderful to meet you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails