Saturday, August 11, 2018

Painting Changes Things

I traveled to Kansas City for two weeks to get started on the house remodeling.  It may not have been the first thing that should've been done, but I had the main floor painted.  My painter's week of availability was the last week of July/first of August.  I was anxious to get the wall colors changed.  So, up I went.  

First are some "before pictures" of the house.  This a screen shot off of Zillow and shows it partially furnished from the previous owners.  
Here is a tighter picture of it empty. I obviously don't have a wide angle lens.
Here is the painted version.  The walls are painted Sherwin Williams Creamy and the fireplace was painted SW Anchors Aweigh.  The floors will be wood and probably a chandelier will replace the ceiling fan.  

Same for the dining room.  
Sorry for the different angle.  The chandelier will be changed as well. 
Here is a different angle with the painter's tape yet to be removed. I didn't really want the trim to be a different color than the walls, but I had difficulty identifying the trim color and not enough time to figure it out before the painters arrived.  I went with Creamy on the main floor except for our bedroom. 
Here is the entry staircase "before". This first photo is very old.  
You can barely see a brass chandelier at the top of the photo.  
 This current chandelier is bronze.  But I recently noticed that the chain and cap are brass.  
Strange.

"After" These aren't from the same angles, but you can see the color change. 
It is a very dark area and I think the SW Creamy white will help a lot.  

The door straight ahead leads to the Master Bedroom.  I will have the wallpaper removed and painted or re-wallpapered.  The room on the right is the library.  It is the same color as the other rooms.  It looks blue because of the northern exposure.  It was a gold color as shown in the Zillow photo below and is now also Creamy white. Evidently I never took an after photo. 
The Master Bedroom was dark brown, much like our bedroom in California.  I was very tired of that color and never picked it in the first place.  So this time we went with a gray/blue/green color.  It is SW Silver Strand.  
Again, I lack a wide angle lens. I think you can see the improvement though.  
Much better, don't you think? 
So, there you have some progress pictures.  I met with two contractors and am waiting on their bids then we will start making decisions and picking out surfaces and fixtures for the kitchen and the Master Bathroom.  I'll keep you posted! Any advice you can give to me since I'm new at renovations will be much appreciated.  












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. Please say hello while you are here. It would be so wonderful to meet you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails