Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Snowed In?

I thought I'd show you how we began 2015.  We got 10 inches of snow and lost our electricity for around 62 hours.  As you can tell by the photos, it was very beautiful.  My little shed is going to be the star of many of my photos.  It was especially lovely covered in snow.


 Isn't she pretty?

My husband is a hiker which I'm sure you remember.  He has a lot of necessary supplies that helped us survive the power outage.  He was loving his Jet Boil, but our gas stove worked fine and we made do.  We also used our charcoal grill for some delicious steaks.  I even popped popcorn in a pan on the stove the way my Mom use to do it.  It was delicious.
The headlamp came in handy at night when I wanted to read.  You won't be seeing any photos of me with the headlamp on.  Not happening.
 I was reading Unbroken, which is so good.  My little annoying difficulties were nothing in comparison to what Louis Zamporini endured.
 Yay for powered up Kindles.



 Seriously!  Isn't it gorgeous?


We have long ago gotten rid of our snow shovels.  My husband ended up shoveling our very steep driveway with a regular garden shovel.  We still could not get out, because we live along very steep hills and our city does not have equipment to plow snow.  So we waited.  We finally got out four days later.
 Our new refrigerator.

 So many trees in our area were shattered.  It's really sad.

My beautiful Aeonium tipped over and so these pieces are going to friends who want to start their own.
Yesterday (less than a week later) it was 82 and so we are back to normal California weather, if not a little warm for the month.  Big changes are on the horizon at our house.  I'll try to keep you up to speed a little better in 2015.  Hope your New Year was wonderful and not as eventful as ours. 

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that is allI can say!
    It is beautiful, but I'm sad fhzt we don't
    get to see tbe headlight on you. : )


    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful and newsy post. You certainly live in a beautiful area; the views are just gorgeous. I can't believe it snowed that much and then you had 82 degree weather.....We saw "unbroken" last weekend and it is a well done movie; I just can't image anyone enduring that much pain....Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. How pretty!! I haven't seen snow yet but it looks cold. Your house is just darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post (and beautiful photos) remind me that I do try not to complain about Texas winters. They simply aren't as cold as other places, and I don't like to whine when people like you have it so much worse! I don't think I could ever live in a colder climate, but it would be nice to see snow every now and then. It's sure beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. Please say hello while you are here. It would be so wonderful to meet you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails