Thursday, September 2, 2010

thankful for. . . thunderstorms


"it never rains in California, but girl don't they warn ya, it pours, man it pours"

Well, I don't know about that, at least those are the words as I remember them. It does pour once in a blue moon. All I know is living in California has made me appreciate a good thunderstorm. When home visiting in the Midwest, we love a good storm.  We've been known to run outside to watch and smell the rain. We don't like the tornado kind, but a good, rip roaring thunderstorm. Last time the thunder clap was maybe one second after the lightening.  Which if you're familiar with thunder means that the lightening strike was pretty dang close. Too close for comfort. Makes you wonder if you can smell smoke. Please don't critique my stitches too closely. It dawned on me that I could see much better without my glasses or contacts on. Hence, little squiggly lines.  My previous squares.

4 comments:

  1. Your stitching is just beautiful! :o) And thunder storms in CA? :o) You are a lucky girl indeed if you get to experience that. :o) I am born and raised in N.Ca and can count on two hands (maybe even one) the thunderstorms I heard. :o)
    I hope you are having a wonderful week.
    Sincerely ~ Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love thunderstorms too!...as long as there is rain and not just thunder and lightening. I always go outside and enjoy that wonderful fresh rain smell and the energy that's in the air. We've had several this summer. Were you home when we had them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute!! i wish it would rain here...my yard is cracking. the good news is, this weekend we are finally going to cool down a bit!! a high of 78 on saturday!! have a good weekend...can't wait to see more of your stitches!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. Please say hello while you are here. It would be so wonderful to meet you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails