Friday, August 28, 2009

Spoon Salad

I decided to make a Cob/Chopped Salad yesterday for dinner. I had never tried it before. Part of the idea came from Mary Jane Butter's book. She encourages making salad you can eat with a spoon in order to get all kinds of different things into your salad. Wish I would've known all about that when my girls were little. I thought it was a great idea. I chopped up and mixed together Iceberg, Arugula and Red Cabbage. I also had chicken, tomatoes, egg, bacon, olives, broccoli, red and green pepper, and red onion. Whew, I think that's all. Oh yea, cheese. After the photo, I'm afraid. DH voted for Blue Cheese Dressing. I wanted to use a fun olive oil and vinegar combo that I bought here. Well, that salad tasted WONDERFUL!  I don't know what it is, but my cooking this week has been great! The fun plates are a thrift store find.  Perfect.

1 comment:

  1. Yummmm! Looks and sounds delicious! I never thought about making a cobb salad at home...not sure why...but what a great idea to have a salad you can eat with a spoon. I love it! I think I'll give this a try very soon! Thanks for the inspiration! Sounds perfect for a hot day like today!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. Please say hello while you are here. It would be so wonderful to meet you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails