Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Belated Summer Decor

Summer is almost over and here I am showing you my summer decorations. They have been out at least 2 months, but I've been too busy to show you how it turned out.  This is my entry table. I think it turned out cute, but not amazing. After it was finished I saw the need for a lot more sand in my big apothecary jar. That will have to wait for next year. The string bag is full of "beach glass". I think I should've put notes in the bottles. Any other suggestions? The pelican is a brass sculpture that was given to us. He's actually very beautiful. Do you think it's a problem that my picture is a winter picture? Surely we don't really need to change our art for the seasons!

It's interesting how looking at photos gives you another perspective or idea.  I think next year I might incorporate some coral onto this table.  It would look great with my newish lamp.  The little silver pedestal on the right is actually a flower frog.  Haven't ever seen one like it before. If somebody knows what else it could be, please let me know.
This isn't summery, but I just like it.  I guess I should be thinking about Fall!

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Karen, thank you for stopping by. I see that tomatoes & basil are a winning combo for a lot of us & you love it just as much as I do.

    I love your vignettes, the seashells & glass bottles look great together. And I spy an old fan! You know I love those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some fun and pretty things...I love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those bottles. I put sand in bottles like that from the beaches I've visited on vacations and labelt them with a hang tag with the place and date we were there. I top them with a cork or a starfish or a shell that will fit in the top. There's my suggestion. Love your decor always.
    T

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your glass jars look gorgeous..., and I love the idea of putting seaglass in a string bag, how clever.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. Please say hello while you are here. It would be so wonderful to meet you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails