Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Pebble Beach


I thought I'd show you a glimpse of some of the fun we had this past weekend in Pebble Beach. My photos are really out of order, but I don't really want to spend a lot of time messing with them. This is after our blimp flight. I'm pretty good at being silly. It's actually a Zepelin.  Sorry, don't know how to spell that one.  There are only 3 in the world and we had a ride.  It was amazing.  
You can see the fields around Monterey.  
There was a lot of fog (big surprise), but you can see the town and mountains.  We were not able to go to Big Sur or the coast because of the fog.  That would've been really wonderful.
We're on the back of the "ship".  You can see the tail between us.  

Oh no!  It's going to hit a house!  A really big house.  


Getting on the blimp is really tricky and since it's blowing around, you have to be really careful and follow directions.  They're kind of crabby like that.  
We also went sailing.  I somehow pictured a gorgeous day with refreshments and calm waters. I guess NOT.  It was actually an educational sail, NOT sunny or calm.  That's me sitting on the cooler FREEZING and trying not to get sea sick.  
I was actually holding on for dear life in this one.  I wasn't pretending.
We had an amazing room this year, looking right out at the 18th hole at the Pebble Beach Lodge.  It's really famous, in case you didn't know or have no interest in golf.  
The rooms are really beautiful.  This is our sitting room.
Here's the lodge from our room.  People are watching the golfers at the 18th.
Here's the 18th hole and the beautiful bay.  I guess it's very sunny in August and September. We've never really had sun when we go, because it's always July!  It's beautiful no matter when. I have no pictures of our most wonderful event.  We had a reception/dinner at a house on 17 Mile Drive that was UNBELIEVABLE!  The house was only 7 years old but looked like it was built hundreds of years ago.  It was 15,000 square feet with 8 bedrooms and 11 bathrooms and full of gorgeous antiques.  All I could say in every room was WOW! There really are no words, seriously amazing.  I couldn't bring myself to carry around my camera at a business event, but boy did I wish I could.  I also had a couple of mishaps.  I spilled 25 year old Balsamic Vinegar down my white coat and later an antique wooden chair broke while I sat on it. Thank goodness I didn't hit the floor!  Hopefully I wasn't the one who broke it.  I'm thinking it was well on it's way before I sat down.  Whew, that was a close one!

3 comments:

  1. Well my mom the golfaholic is jealous of your room. Im like okay, I trust you but it does look wonderfully scenic too. Sorry to hear you're sailing excursion wasnt smooth. The vinegar & chair...forgive me I am giggling but the antique chair was so due to your svelte self. I did red wine once down the front of my white pants so I feel your pain.
    Here's hoping the rest of your week is stain free!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like great fun! The flying in the blimp part was really cool! Next time I want to vacation with you!!
    xx-Gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool that you got to ride in that blimp! I saw one flying around my neighborhood a couple weeks ago!

    Wow, what a view from your room! Pebble Beach is so beautiful and the homes on the 17 mile drive are gorgeous! I can't believe you got to go in one of them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. Please say hello while you are here. It would be so wonderful to meet you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails