Thursday, October 2, 2014

Documented Life Journal Update

It's been awhile since I showed you my journal pages.  I'm still going strong.  Lining them up like this makes me see a style trend.  There have been some challenges that have taken me out of my norm.  
Week 32 - Add a fortune
I only had two fortunes to work with and this one seemed the most usable. "You are admired for your impeccable tastes.  Give a gift."
Week 33 - Use your underpaper creatively
This was fun and easy.  I simply ripped my underpaper into strips and then put them back together randomly.  I used the fan from my "niece's" wedding as the tip-in. The dragonfly went well and the quote summed it up.  Now that it's October I'm pretty tired of Summer still hanging around.  It's suppose to be up to 99 on Friday.  In case you're wondering, underpaper is the paper under your projects when you are painting.  It gets the overflow of paint and stamps, etc.   
 Week 34 - Fill the page with numbers that relate to your week 
The photobooth pictures were again from the family wedding. This documented some of the fun things I did with my girl when she was visiting.  
 The back of Week 34. I just like pattern girls. 
Week 35 - Draw, sketch, paint or doodle a face  
Ugh.  What a sad, sad face it is.  But, I tried and that's okay.
Week 36 - Use black and white
I didn't think I would like this as much as I did.  I photocopied a "found relative" cabinet card since it was too thick for my book.  I even added a little lace.  I'm living on the wild side!
Week 37 - Use a white pen prominently
This was harder than I thought it would be.  I had to add some shading and wish I would've done the quote differently.  It should've had more prominence.  
Week 38 - Draw or add a feather
I did this one with a little different look than my other pages. I found the feather when shopping at Gilding the Lily in September.  I had no previous plan, but kind of love how it turned out.  
Week 39 - Use drips and splatters
I didn't love this one, but I did it!
The back side of Week 39.
WEEK 40 - Use three colors you never use.
I wasn't all that excited about this one either.  I ended up making it very simple, but I like it a lot.  I never use brown or red and rarely use orange.  It turned out to be perfect for October. 
Thanks for checking these out.  If you want to see some really amazing artists,visit these ladies.  

3 comments:

  1. Great job! :-D I especially love weeks 37 and 40. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are doing well. How many weeks are you doing?

    I haven't heard what my friend is up to with the one she is doing.

    M :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to be creative even when you may not feel like it. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. Please say hello while you are here. It would be so wonderful to meet you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails