Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Ornament Wreath Redo

Eddie Ross posted the tutorial recently on how to make this beautiful wreath. He used vintage ornaments and a coat hanger. You can see the tutorial here.
This is my ornament wreath that I made over 5 years ago. The ornaments are not vintage, some are glass and some are plastic.  Mine is made on a wreath base wrapped in ribbon. It needed a little facelift today. Out came the glue gun to repair all the loose ornaments. I added some upholstery webbing behind it for contrast.
The bathroom decor is  a little more neutral this year.
I found this plate at Home Goods and changed out the Transferware plate. That's my first peek into my Christmas decor. Isn't the powder room a great place to begin?  

3 comments:

  1. Oh boy! The powder romm gets decorated too? Love it! All I do is change the towels to ones with a holly decoration.
    I think the framed plate is inspired and may just have to steal that idea for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wreath is gorgeous and I think you give Eddie a run for the money!! Love the upholstery webbing. It looks fantastic. And your powder room is elegant and festive. I have a transferware bowl...any ideas on how to frame it?? lol!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. oohhh...love the wreath and the webbing ribbon is a nice unexpected touch! i also love the little suitcase...it reminds me of the old 45 record players? remember?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. Please say hello while you are here. It would be so wonderful to meet you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails