Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Fall Fluffing

Welcome in!  I've done a little Fall fluffing recently. No, decorating, silly.  Even though it's, 104 out here these days!  I think I'll just turn the air down really low and pretend.
You are greeted with some, not all, of Fall's natural decorations. No, the pumpkin isn't real.  I don't think they're even in our grocery stores yet. Lesson learned from last year, don't put real mini pumpkins in apothecary jars.  Mold INVASION!  They sure were cute, though.
I shredded an old and falling apart book for the silver bowl.  Aren't the felted acorns cute?
Specially chosen jelly beans in a candy jar from DD1's wedding.  The dish, not the candy.  Whew, I keep having to explain myself.  The photo on the right is a beautiful Fall snapshot of my 3 favorite people from A LONG time ago.
What?  You need a place to set your coffee?  Sorry, pretty decor comes first. Real dried leaves from 13 years ago when we lived in Massachusetts.
The blue candles may have to go when I find something more autumnal.
  (said really fancy because it's a big word that I don't really use). I added a little more to the mantel that you can see here.
I saw this idea on someone's blog, to use old book pages as a bobeche.  I like them as long as there's not a burning candle below them.  Oops.  No! I did not.






I received this cute little sparkly clothes pin and feathers in a gift that I won from Star's Fault. Check her blog out, she's very creative.
Finally, thought I'd let you see what I have to put up with around here.  
I just have no support, no support for all my hard work.  ;-)

*Just tagged onto the Hooked on Houses Fall Home Tour.  Check out the other participants. 

16 comments:

  1. ohhhhhhhhhh, i love fall fluffing and im adoring that little wreath in the first photo. so sweet and simple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen! Thanks for coming by for a visit! Your fall fluffing looks great. I love the apothecary jars. I haven't quit been able to get in the fall spirit yet. It's still over 100 degrees outside... but soon.... gorgeous weather! Come by and say hi anytime!

    Karen
    My Desert Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Fall fluffs are inspiring to me. Wonderful. I love those apothecary jars.
    Have a blessed day you stylish lady you,
    T

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the "abundant blessings" wreath. What a beautiful thought to have hanging on your door.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all your special 'spots' around the house and also the wonderful humor that your hubby adds to your life. (It means he notices - what a guy) and a very creative daughter - I'm so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the glowing warm pictures! And, those felted acorns are adorable! Where did you find them? I started a little fall decorating a few weeks ago but it's hard to stay in the mood with the temps so high.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have inspired me to pull out my fall decorations even though it is into the 100's. I love you style and color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks great! we just talked about fall decorating on the skirted roundtable Monday. you have a million more ideas than we had!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen,
    if you are heading back my way, I'd let you come "fluff" my house anytime night or day! I'd even offer to be the taxi shuttle from the airport, as I'm a hop skip and a jump away.

    Your blog is so refreshing and inspiring ... love all the eye candy here. You are right, many common denominators between us, including a precious friend in Tina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Karen~I've just strolled into your blog for my first visit...I've enjoyed taking a peek at your past posts. What beauty! You've got so many wonderful treasures.
    We share similar taste for so many of the same design elements.

    The one thing that can cheer me up as I watch summer come to a close is... the anticipation of fall and all the autumnal colors that come with it.
    Providing creative inspiration for crafts and events.

    I've bookmarked you in my favs.
    I look forward to coming by your charming blog again.
    Come by for a visit. Your company would be nice.

    Sweet wishes,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the way the blue candles break up the otherwise autumnal color palate. It all looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did a beautiful job decorating for Fall! I especially love the way you decorated your hutch :)

    rue

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the tour. I love the front door wreath and adore the hutch.

    tammy

    ReplyDelete
  14. What lovely vignettes you have created. I simply love that old cabinet you have for your dishes, pitchers, and creamers. It's gorgeous. I'll be taking a more thorough tour of your blog later,it all looks so pretty.
    :-) Sue

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Karen, thank you for stopping by today! I really adore your fall fluffing, the hutch especially-love the cotton garland-Thank you for your comment...when I got over here I looked at your Nell Hill post, which is why we have the wicker chargers in common! :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. Please say hello while you are here. It would be so wonderful to meet you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails