Monday, May 11, 2009

Soul Sisters

For some reason the Lord never blessed me with sisters.  Actually, I'm an only child.  Which has been for the most part a wonderful gift.  I have awesome parents and we are very close. But, I've never had sisters.  These two ladies that stand with me below are maybe even closer than sisters.  We are probably as different in every way from each other as we look.  In fact, we're totally different.  But, for me, they are sisters.  
Do you have friends that no matter how far apart you are, you're still connected?  These good friends live in the Chicago area.  I no longer live 15 minutes away.  But, when we're together, it feels like we've never been apart.  It was wonderful to be with you again, sharing special memories.  Just so you know girls, I love you.

"A man of many companions may come to ruin, 
but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother."  
Proverbs 18:24

2 comments:

  1. Oh Karen, how wonderful it is to have good friends. Mine bless my socks off just by being there and they all live a ways away from me.
    Sweet post.
    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I love you too! It is always great when we're together! It does feel like we've never been apart and we just pick up where we left off and talk and talk and talk and talk... On Sunday afternoon I took a moment to to just sit back and relish in the friendship in that family room - a wonderful friendship that is a blessing from the Lord! All six of us just chatting and enjoying each others company! And then the chatting had to move to the front yard! It was fun to watch the guys too - they are like brothers! Can't wait to spend time together in Florida! Love ya, D-

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. Please say hello while you are here. It would be so wonderful to meet you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails