Thursday, July 10, 2008

More pretties

This picture is to illustrate that I'm not afraid to making something my own. The original pillows on this couch were UGLY! So, I took the pillows apart and recovered them in various pattern fabrics to bring out my color scheme of red, blue and gold. I love the designer Linda Applewhite's style and this is an attempt to work with the various patterns like she does so well. The smaller pillows are from Pottery Barn. The big ones, I redid.

These are close up pictures of my newest splurge. For years, 28 to be exact, I have made all my own draperies or bought cheap versions. This time, I paid the big bucks and had them made. I am thrilled with the outcome. Again, you'll see my love of mixing patterns and color.

These were for the kitchen/family room area. The living room will have to be another year. I really need a bigger table since this is now my own dining area. But, I love this table. Sorry, you can't see the legs. Another time. So, it's a dilemma. Someday there will be crown molding also.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. Please say hello while you are here. It would be so wonderful to meet you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails