Thursday, February 12, 2015

Retreat Planning

Hello everyone.  A lot has happened around here since I last gave you an update.  Just a few days after my last post, we received the sad news that my Mother-in-Law had passed away unexpectedly.  We frantically scheduled flights and spent several days with our immediate and extended families.  It was a wonderful time celebrating her life, even though we are sad and she will be greatly missed.  It just doesn't seem real, you know?  Life is precious and flies by way too fast.

After that my husband flew to Malaysia and then to Japan for work.   I was home prepping for our next Women's Retreat which is later this month.  We are again using a kit retreat from Group Publishing.  This one is called Garden Getaway and we will be looking at scripture in the Bible to see how God walks with us through all the different seasons of our lives.  Even the times of loss and grief.

This photo was my inspiration.
I like to do my own graphics because I never really like the ones provided, therefore I began my doodling. These will be the name tags.
Sign-up sheet.  
We are making laminated bookmarks for little reminders. These will be cut, laminated and have a ribbon added.  
We are gathering and covering cans that will be filled with flowers similar to this idea.  We are trying to go with a totally different look that we normally do.  We will see if we can pull it off.
We plan on having a big salad bar and baked potato bar for lunch.  
Veggies for snacks and Dirt for dessert.  Have you ever made Dirt Cake?  Here is the recipe from Taste of Home.  I'm not adding the gummy worms.  Stay tuned for the pictures of our actual event in early March.  Check out our wonderful event last year!

5 comments:

  1. Condolences on your loss. I, too, know how you feel as my DFIL recently passed away unexpectedly. Your Women's retreat looks like it is going to be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! The planning and creating look like a ton of fun and I bet it's all going to look so colorful, pretty, and happy! Enjoy! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sad to hear about your Mother-in-law. Please
    pass this on to Ken.

    Your retreat sounds wonderful, love the theme!

    Happy Valentine's Day.

    M :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see your pics. I help plan women's events at my church & am always looking for new ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for your loss.

    What lovely inspiration your photos are .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. Please say hello while you are here. It would be so wonderful to meet you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails