Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Art Journal Update

I realize it has been a long time since I showed you my art journal pages. Can you believe that it's late July and I'm still keeping up with it? I can't either. I really enjoy it, for the most part. Lately I haven't been loving my final pages, but it's still a fun process. Here you go. 
Challenge 21 - add floss to your page
I wanted to use this McCall pattern lady in her housecoat and thought this quote was perfect for this time in my life. Happens every day. 
These are just planner pages. I liked the way these flowers turned out with my Derwent Inktense pencils. 
Week 23-practice gratitude. I got on a roll and ran out of room. Which is a good thing. 
This is just a random page using a card I doodled a year or so ago. 

Week 24 - use an old book page. I tried my hand at Found Poetry. I didn't really know what I was doing. I want to try this again. 
Week 25 - cover your page with hearts
Another random page that just came together. I love how it turned out. 
Week 26 - add a Bible verse that inspires you. Ephesians 3:20 has been my favorite since high school. 
Week 27 - add a puzzle to your page. I used Sudoku pages from my plane trip home from visiting family. 
Week 28 - add an Instagram or tiny photo. My husband and his brothers who rarely see each other. 
Week 30- SMASH style. Items from our kids visit to California. 
Week 31- add a pocket. Again I used a doodle from way back. 
A random page to remember a hymn we sang on Sunday with one of my IG pictures. 
After 6 months I finally got the nerve to paint the cover of my journal. It's kind of fun. 
THE END

3 comments:

  1. loved your pages...so interesting to see how each of us interprets differently....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, I love your DLP journal and pages. There is such variety here! Beautiful painted background pages, journaling your everyday life, and your faith - I love it all! And I spy some painted circles as well! Thanks for visiting my blog so that I could in turn find your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen,
    Just catching up on some blog reading today and I came across this journal that you made. I love it! I have started something similar. Love the dictionary page where you circled the definition and built your page around it. Very creative! Love the cover too!
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. Please say hello while you are here. It would be so wonderful to meet you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails