Monday, May 12, 2014

Creative Gifting

Now that Mother's Day has come and gone, I wanted to share with you the Mother's Day card I made my Mom.  I have recently seen some wonderful paper cuttings on Pinterest that caught my eye.  I wanted to give it a try and decided to use it for Mom's card.  Here is the one that I loved!! I think I found it on Pinterest or Instagram by Hesper or Pam Garrison, but I can't find it anywhere.  

I made my own version, cut it out then used my new found art journaling skills to finish the card.






I doodled some flowers on the handmade envelope. I learned out to make these from an online workshop from Stephanie Ackerman. Using Derwent Inktense pencils made them POP! Sorry for the blurry picture.  

Here are some other gift wrapping projects I've done recently as well.
 A little doodle, a little Washi tape and my Aunt's 80th birthday card was ready to go.
 I was in a big hurry and wanted to make the paper for this baby shower I was going to. I copied an idea from Walk In Love blog.  I had everything and it was SO simple. Check around their blog and website.  You'll see lots of wonderful ideas and products.
I just tied on the little blanket toy with some ribbon and yarn and he was good to go. Sorry that this is not set up right, but I was in a huge hurry to get to the shower.  It's just amazing that I remembered to take a picture of it before I left.  I love making creative gifts and wrapping.


2 comments:

  1. Very cute! The card for your Mom was quite intricate. I bet
    she loved it!

    You do have your creativity groove on!

    If you need a wedding gift idea, check out my post
    about my niece's wedding gift.

    M :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this - you are so creative! I've been doing envelope art over the past year & love this new-to-me craft.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. Please say hello while you are here. It would be so wonderful to meet you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails