Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Fountains, Friends, Swings and Salads

I wish I could take good pictures of our back yard landscaping.  It's all finished, but there is still scaffolding around the house.  It makes for really ugly pictures.  I can give you some sneak peeks, however.  Here is a picture of our new fountain in the back.  It's made from a culvert.  I saw a larger one in a neighboring town and LOVED it.  I took a photo and showed it to our landscaper.  He made it happen.  The birds have discovered it already. The Palo Verde trees are beautiful already, but they will get big and lush with yellow blossoms. I love how the blossoms float on the water in the fountain. Their trunks are green which will set off the Red Bud trees when they bloom and the purple cactus. There are also grasses which will blow gracefully on our breezy days. 
            
I also wanted a simple swing from the patio.  It's perfect for sitting on and watching the view.  Our friends joined us for Easter dinner and tried it out.  It's perfect for two.

Our Easter dinner was very simple.  

Ham
Baked Sweet Potatoes
Jello Salad
Rolls
Carrot Cake

This salad was fast, easy and delicious.  You can find the recipe at Love and Lemons.  Did you make a new recipe for Easter?  Please share if you did! 



3 comments:

  1. The fountain is great! I always loved the one in old town by the theatre. I love your swing too! Very cool and fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, now I want a swing too!

    Your Easter sounded great.

    M :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, LOVE your fountain. What a great upcycling idea. I'm definitely going to pin this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. Please say hello while you are here. It would be so wonderful to meet you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails