Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Velvet Pumpkins and Sweet Potato Fries

A couple of weeks ago my friend Kathy and I took a little "field trip" into Los Angeles. The first stop was to the Farmer's Market where we had a delicious lunch. This was my first visit there and I learned that it is more of restaurant row than rows of produce. There are a lot of different meat vendors and bakeries as well.  
Our next stop was Sprinkles Cupcakes. So delicious!
Our main purpose was to buy velvet at Mood Fabrics to make some velvet pumpkins. Of course, some other pretty fabrics made their way into my bag. If you're a fan of Project Runway, you've heard of Mood Fabrics.  Did you know that you can buy from them online as well?  Below is just the shirting aisle!

 Later we spent some time perusing through Anthropologie at The Grove. Because, you should always check out Anthropologie when you're close by.  Look at all the cuteness.




 Finally, we stopped for dinner at Umami Burgers.  So good.  Especially the SWEET POTATO FRIES!! Oh wow, they were awesome!  It's basically because after they're fried they are tossed in brown sugar.  Good grief, they were amazing.  Heather Bullard told me that Ina Garten has a similar recipe, which is actually baked.  You can find it here.  

 All it all, it was a wonderful day!

10 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun trip!! I love Sprinkles and Anthropologie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great day, Emily. Except for the parking ticket I got outside of Mood. :-(

      Delete
  2. I'd like to go there too. It looks so inviting, espesially the fabric store. Real fun! Have a good time.
    Magdalena

    ReplyDelete
  3. What yummy looking sweet potato fries! Thanks for sharing Ina's recipe - I'll give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love sweet potatoes! I always enjoy stopping by and seeing where you have been...your photos are always beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's amazing how extra things just jump in
    our carts!
    That burger sure looked tasty.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. A memorable day, Karen. Just learning to appreciate sweet potato fries. Will check out Ina's baked version as I have some sweet potatoes from a friend's garden.

    Project Runway is a weekly must watch and I had no idea that Mood was any place but NYC. Trying to decide who would like to win this season. Actually like all the finalists for different reasons but might lean toward Dom. You?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Faye, I'm leaning towards Dom myself. She's talented, sweet and a hard worker! All good in my book.

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. Please say hello while you are here. It would be so wonderful to meet you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails