Monday, July 8, 2013

Favorite Hors d'Oeuvres

I came immediately home from a trip (again) to see my family into July 4th. I was also preparing for a wedding shower I threw today for approximately 40 people. So, there's been no blogging time in the last two weeks. Now, however, I have a lot of great recipes to share with you. You know how you shouldn't try new recipes on company. Does anybody really follow that rule? I always forget that. I tried a couple new things and some old favorites. Now I'm loving all of these recipes. See, I checked them out for you and now you can make them with no worries. I'm helpful, like that.  


On the left, Melon Balls and Proscuitto doesn't need a recipe. The combination is so delicious! My second new recipe is Crostini with Peaches, Blue Cheese and Honey. I didn't take a good picture.  Maybe it was because I was busy eating them. Seriously good.  I found some of these recipes on Pinterest.  Maybe you should just follow my Recipes board on Pinterest.  That's it!
This is a Raspberry Angel Food cake using a box mix.  I definitely need to perfect the addition of raspberries to a mix. However, an amazing buttercream frosting covers up a lot of problems. 
The engaged couple are serious hikers and fly fishermen.  These fun little cupcakes were a perfect touch.  Thank you Pinterest again for the frosting idea.
 I made a Trail Mix Bar which was a big hit.
I borrowed my friend's beautiful crocheted tablecloth, used a few woodland type decorations and Farmer's Market flowers.  The golden Butterfly Bush were a stunning accent against all the purples. Now I'm getting off my feet and saving these recipes for the next party!

Joining the party at: Between Naps on the Porch

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful party! All of your recipes sound really nice and I love your trail mix bar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! the table looks delightful.

    Come by Dreaming--I have another recipe you can ass. I know it has been seen on pinterest but still it is a gooooood one.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. Please say hello while you are here. It would be so wonderful to meet you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails