Monday, July 22, 2013

41, 43 and A Missed Flight

My trip to NYC started off at midnight on the 15th.  Actually, I left the house at 9:30 pm, my flight was at midnight.  They were fairly uneventful which is always a good thing.  I finally made my way to Dallas where I was to eventually meet up with my tour group for NYC.  I know, it's out of the way to go to Dallas before heading to NYC.  Well, I was tagging along with a friend from college that lives in Texas.  She has lead groups to New York City for the past 30 years, usually 6th and 7th graders.  In the past two years they've been for adults, so I jumped at the opportunity.  I arrived in Dallas at 8:30 ish in the morning and met another college friend for the day.  I had hours to kill!  We went to the George W Bush Presidential Library and Museum that has just opened on the SMU Campus.  You can find out more information here. The museum is very well done and full of information.  

 The Oval Office.

 There is a 9/11 Memorial.
 Need to sign a treaty?

I LOVE their china pattern!
 Jennifer and I posed with the Georges.
After some mistakes, confusion and panic I ended up missing my flight to NYC.  Although, I was actually in the airport when they were boarding. Fortunately I was on the next flight out and met up with the group in Times Square.  It's a crazy place at night, but I'd been up for over 24 hours and was ready to GO TO BED!
The tours started early the next morning.  Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy!

    Your first leg looked pretty interesting.

    Missing a flight--not so much.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. Please say hello while you are here. It would be so wonderful to meet you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails