Thursday, December 15, 2011

Roger's Gardens Visit

 I visited Roger's Gardens in Irvine with a friend today for the first time.
 Boy oh boy was it beautiful! The Christmas arrangements inside the front door were stunning.

 I loved the addition of lime green into this wreath.
 Cyclamen is a Christmas staple in Southern California gardening.
 Evidently this is a Southern California snowman.
 Did you know that Santa has felted boots?
This poinsettia is absolutely gorgeous! Unfortunately I do not remember it's name.
These rain chains were one of my favorite things. 
I really, really would like one, but they are oh so pricey!
This one was a little different.
 Of course they have beautiful plants! These are Aeonium's. 
 They have beautiful gardens.
It was a gorgeous day, but then the clouds rolled in and it started to rain.
 Back inside there were collectibles and Christmas decorations. These adorable bears were by Vickie Smyers for Bethany Lowe designs.  They were so sweet!
Glitter and sparkles were everywhere.

 This photo is blurry, but I wanted you to see the tree made with jewelry, in this case watches.
 I think it was $900.00!
Lots of paper decorations made by Ashley Carter of Goldbug Studios.
 On the way out we noticed these adorable trains that were delighting an excited little boy.

After our little foray to Roger's Gardens we had lunch at the Cheesecake Factory.  I think this needs to become a yearly field trip at Christmas time. It was a very lovely day!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun day. I've been meaning to go there for years and haven't made it. Maybe next year.

    I love the rock rain chain. Maybe I could make one with some of the many polished pebbles I've collected over the years. Hmmmm?! Another want-to-make project to add to the list. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so many neat items to check out. love the snowmen. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. wowza...what a fun place! that watch tree is incredble!
    erin
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. que de belles idées,; merci pour ce partage

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. Please say hello while you are here. It would be so wonderful to meet you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails