Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Progress!

If you'll remember, I've been playing with paint (4 colors sampled) and working with contractors to get an entertainment center built and brighten up this dark room.  We finally some progress to share!
I shared with you a few weeks ago about Sherwin Williams' new line of paint collections by HGTV.  I used this and found it very helpful, even though I didn't follow it 100%.  You can see my post here.
I ended up using Sherwin Williams Kilim Beige on the walls. It wasn't in the collection, but was a little warmer than Accessible Beige. Sometimes in different light it has a hint of green, which wasn't in my plan, but I think I still like it.
All the white cabinetry is Dover White. It matched the existing fireplace really well.
I used Sedate Gray for the bead board on the back of the cabinets.  The cabinetry had just been finished the night before this photo and knobs are being ordered.
The morning is the only time there is sun in this room because of the balcony overhang.
These colors are much more "us".  Looks like I may be painting the rest of the main floor to match. 
Well, somebody will, probably not me. I guarantee the TV will be installed this weekend and decorating will commence!

5 comments:

  1. I really like your paint colors! What do you usually put on your shelves? I love the gray background!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you still have the wingbacks. Love the color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Very nice - such a 'clean' look and bright and cheery too. You got my vote. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness...love, love,LOVE it all! the colors are perfect and i especially love the arch deatail at the top of the bookshelves. it is all looking just wonderful!! isn't it nice to make it your own? feels more like YOUR house now, doesn't it?

    it's a coincidence that i too have just painted over all of my ralph lauren browns for a lighter look. i still LOVE ralph though.

    happy weekend to you...i will be resting (ya, right)
    erin
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. Please say hello while you are here. It would be so wonderful to meet you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails