Sunday, June 12, 2011

Oh What A Day!

 
MY OH MY was Friday a day full of fun and surprises?!  It started with my friend Kathy and I taking a little trip to the once-a-month Matilda Mouse's antique sale.  It is an awesome, off-the-beaten-path, little day trip.  The vendors get together and plan a theme each month.  They then merchandise their booths and the entire place around that theme.  Because it is June, this month's theme was The Fourth of July.  They do an incredible job of pulling out the stops.  I've got to get out my newspaper and make some sailor hats the way we did when we were little. I should've taken a picture. 
By the way, Matilda is for real. Matilda is a 15 year old terrier.  I can't remember what kind.  She's always dressed for the occasion, which this time, was the Fourth of July! Matilda lays on the counter the entire day while the ladies shop and pet her when they check out. Not a bad job.  Maybe she's there to calm the customer's nerves as they hand over their Visa cards.
The sale takes place in a stone barn and the owner's definitely love their Dovecotes.

I think I counted 6 in all.
 This beautiful birdhouse was for sale.
There are many fun treasures outside as you approach the barn sale.
This is a new take on the flag.
I took so many pictures that I'll have to finish this tomorrow.  Come back for the "rest of the story" and a preview of our detour to the Lavender Farm! It was SO BEAUTIFUL, I promise!

3 comments:

  1. Hi there, well I for one can't wait for the rest of the story. I would love to go to a sale like this. Sometimes I think I would like to find some creative people like this and get started on a monthly sale here in Western New York. So inspiring to me. Well I'm off to catch up on the rest of your blog. My internet is giving me fits here and I have trouble getting my own blogs written. Working on a solution for it so I can't write and read more. Blessings to you, T

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the dog. It sounds like her life is pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This event sounds like a lot of fun! Where does it take place?

    Cheryl :-)
    acorntooak.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. Please say hello while you are here. It would be so wonderful to meet you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails