Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Country Visit

While we were in the Midwest dealing with the tornado weather we went to see my in-laws in their "new" home.  My BIL moved them about 8 months ago close to him out in the country in Missouri.  I thought I'd show you some details of their 1907 home.
The plate rail in the dining room with the gorgeous built-in china cabinet.  Unfortunately the close up of the cabinet came out blurry. My MIL has a huge collection of china, including two sets of beautiful Haviland Limoges.
Taking off the dark curtains and hanging some pictures made a huge difference on the staircase.  This hallways has a huge window seat on the opposite side and the is larger than the living room.  Huge!
This beautiful sconce on the stairs has a matching chandelier up in the attic.
Molding detail in the front bedroom.
The door to the sunroom has a transom that should open. Maybe it needs a little WD-40?
 Pretty hardware.
The laundry chute from the 2nd floor to the basement.  
I wonder what has traveled down this over the years?
More details of one of two front doors. The first leads to the entry, this one leads into the hallway.
Windmills look a little different these days, even in the country.

These are one of my husband's favorite country sights.
We also met this little yet-to-be-named puppy.  He's a Spanish Water Dog. His hair is so curly, that my name suggestion was Velcro.

I thought I took SO MANY pictures while there. Evidently, not because I didn't even take pictures of family! There were other rooms, plus the beautiful two acres that I could've captured.  But, I was basically there to rearrange furniture and make the house prettier and usable. I would've loved to have gotten my hands on all that wallpaper.  Every single wall was wallpapered! I can't even imagine how much work that would take. In the end, I believe my MIL was much happier with the place when I left. That was my goal.  We headed back to the city for the last two days of our trip.  This is what we saw on the way. 

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful home and such a cute puppy!

    Cheryl
    www.acorntooak.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. Please say hello while you are here. It would be so wonderful to meet you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails