Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Adriatic - Day Eight

Our last day was in Venice.  We had two hours before we had to leave for our flight.
If you see anything, you should see San Marcos Square.  It was a very busy place and this is at the beginning of the day.  You can see there are a lot of restorations going on as well.


No XM Radio here.  Lunch is accompanied by a string ensemble.

This Daddy (I assume) was trying to get pictures of his little girl feeding the pigeons.  Evidently it's against the law to feed the pigeons in the square.  You have to get caught, I guess.  It was cute, though.  She stayed pretty calm.  If you can tell, he's got two on his shooting arm.
The next must-see is the Rialto bridge.  This is not the pretty side, though.  There are shops that go up and down the bridge.  The bridge is all stairs.  


You can see lots of traffic in Venice.


Everywhere you look is a beautiful photo.
And of course, there are many great shops. 
Lots of beautiful Murano glass to buy.  I bought beads, not lamps.
Farewell Italy!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks again! It looks like so much fun. :) Gorgeous pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Karen. You took some fabulous pictures and gave such a nice tour. I'm so glad you had a good time in Venice!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has been so wonderful for me and I'm sure for everyone that is reading this. Incredible.
    Blessings
    T

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost feel like I had a vacation! The pictures are gorgeous Karen. Looks like you had a fabulous time, I'm sorry I didn't get to hear about it in person when you were by the shop. oxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. Please say hello while you are here. It would be so wonderful to meet you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails