Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Good Word and Good Food

Every Monday night we have a neighborhood ladies Bible Study on our street. It's either at Sheryl's house or mine. We've been going for about 4 years now and it is truly a blessing. I love learning from other women and watching new Christians absorb the truth of the Bible. It's challenging and rewarding. We are studying Beth Moore's study "To Live Is Christ", The Life and Ministry of Paul.  You can find out more about Beth Moore's Bible Studies here.
Where women gather there is always good food and tonight was no exception. Several brought goodies. Teri brought a cake from a recipe found in her Grandmother's Bible. How great is that? They've been bugging me for awhile to make them a pizza. Because, as you know, I make pizza every Friday night. So, tonight was the night. I made my normal crust, but put a new-to-me topping on it. I adapted a Margherita Pizza recipe from Weight Watchers and made it not so low fat, I'm afraid.  

The recipe called for:
2 pints of grape tomatoes, cut in half
2 garlic cloves, sliced
1 large red onion, cut in half lengthwise, then sliced crosswise.(i didn't  use a whole onion maybe 3/4)

Roast this mixture on a cookie sheet sprayed with Pam for 35 minutes at 375*. I added mozzarella on top of my dough (this is not the WW part) and topped it with the tomato mixture. Add shavings of Parmesan cheese. Cook at 425* for 12 minutes. After removing it from the oven, top it with thin slices of basil and more shavings of Parmesan.  

As Rachael Ray would say, "YUMMO".  It was fantastic.  

9 comments:

  1. wow...studying the bible with friends AND pizza sounds heavenly...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummo indeed.
    I'd love to be in a women's study. I will have to look into that here.
    Blessings
    T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmmm...food for the body and soul. Sounds fantastic! And I love Beth Moore studies. I'm sure that group of godly women is something you cherish.

    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to meet a group of lovely ladies for a bible study, You are blessed and your pizza, wow

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been search for a bible study near me and one with pizza - I'm Italian ....say no more! I post recipes on my blog occasionally too! Stop by sometime. Jennifer jennsthreegraces

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm...it looks good. I didn't know you make pizza every Friday night. What a fun tradition. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks delicious! We have homemade pizza quite often, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pizza does look Yum-O! Years ago when I lived in a different city, I was lucky enough to be in a neighborhood Bible study - it was great because our ages spanned 30 years and had several denominations . . . I miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fortunate we are to have good friends who enjoy getting together for a purpose whether it's study or a gossip and catchup. My group calls itself the Frankfort Frazzled Females or FFFs. We order pizza--must recruit a new group member who makes the real thing! :-)

    I have a close friend who really appreciates Beth Moore. For myself, I admire Lucy Swindoll-have read all her books--fav I Married Adventure--and heard her speak at a Women of Faith conference in Chicago. Sadly, her health is failing I think.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. Please say hello while you are here. It would be so wonderful to meet you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails