Monday, March 15, 2010

Knitting and Sewing Distractions

I do this often. I bought a beautiful skein of yarn with absolutely no idea what I would make out of it. Before I left for Hawaii a few weeks ago, I made the decision to make the Leaf Cravat scarf by Teva Durham. You can find the pattern here at Interweave Press. I'm still a workin on it. It is very pretty and will be beautiful when it's blocked. Why is it so much more fun to begin a project than to finish?
So that's what I did. I started something new. I found this very fun fabric at Sarah's Fabrics in Lawrence, KS. I've got something special planned for it. Haven't you seen owl's everywhere lately? I remember my Mom's collection of macrame and crewel owls on our kitchen wall back in the 70's. Well, they're back!
I also went to Sarah's to buy a piece of Liberty of London fabric. I made a dress for DD2 when she was little out of their exquisite fabric. It's seriously expensive, so I only bought 1-1/2 yards. I'm planning on making a sleeveless top. Maybe if I post it on here, I'll get it finished. I see that Liberty has a new line out at Target. I'm curious to see the quality. There can be no way it's as beautiful as their beautiful cotton lawn.


  1. The scarf is looking very pretty. I love the colors in that yarn. It's even prettier knit up than in the skein. :-)

    Cute fabrics. I love seeing all the cute owls out these days. I remember owls when I was younger too.

  2. Oh, I envy you being able to knit with such lovely yarn, Karen. I'm taking a beginning knitting class and am restricted to boring solid colors so I can see how terrible my work is! How did you learn to knit? I'm determined to learn right-handed even though I'm a lefty.

    Good to have several projects going on at the same time. And you're right, the beginning is always the best.


Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. Please say hello while you are here. It would be so wonderful to meet you.


Related Posts with Thumbnails