Monday, March 15, 2010

Knitting and Sewing Distractions


I do this often. I bought a beautiful skein of yarn with absolutely no idea what I would make out of it. Before I left for Hawaii a few weeks ago, I made the decision to make the Leaf Cravat scarf by Teva Durham. You can find the pattern here at Interweave Press. I'm still a workin on it. It is very pretty and will be beautiful when it's blocked. Why is it so much more fun to begin a project than to finish?
So that's what I did. I started something new. I found this very fun fabric at Sarah's Fabrics in Lawrence, KS. I've got something special planned for it. Haven't you seen owl's everywhere lately? I remember my Mom's collection of macrame and crewel owls on our kitchen wall back in the 70's. Well, they're back!
I also went to Sarah's to buy a piece of Liberty of London fabric. I made a dress for DD2 when she was little out of their exquisite fabric. It's seriously expensive, so I only bought 1-1/2 yards. I'm planning on making a sleeveless top. Maybe if I post it on here, I'll get it finished. I see that Liberty has a new line out at Target. I'm curious to see the quality. There can be no way it's as beautiful as their beautiful cotton lawn.

2 comments:

  1. The scarf is looking very pretty. I love the colors in that yarn. It's even prettier knit up than in the skein. :-)

    Cute fabrics. I love seeing all the cute owls out these days. I remember owls when I was younger too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I envy you being able to knit with such lovely yarn, Karen. I'm taking a beginning knitting class and am restricted to boring solid colors so I can see how terrible my work is! How did you learn to knit? I'm determined to learn right-handed even though I'm a lefty.

    Good to have several projects going on at the same time. And you're right, the beginning is always the best.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. Please say hello while you are here. It would be so wonderful to meet you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails