Friday, November 27, 2009

Let the Decorating Begin!

{country living}
I REALLY started my Christmas decorating today. I think I have Christmas decorating schizophrenia. I love several different style of Christmas decorations. I love a little glam, a little rustic, a little traditional and a little retro. All these conflicting styles makes it difficult to make my home look cohesive.
I love these beautiful hand knit stockings.  That they're not in the traditional Christmas colors makes them even better.
This beautiful arrangement makes me want to go out and buy a bunch of bottle brush trees.  So cute!
Do you stick with one style or do you balance different styles?

4 comments:

  1. Good morning from Alaska! Presently, and hopefully, my last, iteration of Christmas decorations centers on the silver, creams, frosty, glittery, old paper, bits of black for drama, kind of Christmas decorating. I don't use a lot of color in any of my decorating schemes, and the Christmas stuff is just lkie that. I'm really boring, I know, but the riot of color is almost too intense for me, and I like the restful sepia tones and soft creams, ivory and silvers I've collected over the years. I'm puttin gup my tree this weekend... can't wait!

    Blessings ~ Eileen @ Star's Fault

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Christmas header! I showed your blog post to a customer today and she wants to make those stockings! (we think it looks like sock yarn)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that last shot,thats my style(I think) who cares as long as you love it,right! All the best,Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a hoot - I opened on google the image of your clove-studded oranges and voila - your Nebraska shutout photos appeared. I called for my husband Phil to come see. He's a '71 UN-Lincoln Sigma Nu alumnus and we, who do not yet have cable, took dinner to our friends' to cheer. (We live near Valley Forge, PA.) Great game! Glad you were able to cheer 'em on.
    Your blog is terrific! Happy 2010 and God bless you and your family. Ginny Jackson

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. Please say hello while you are here. It would be so wonderful to meet you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails