Thursday, July 9, 2009

Floral Fridays

My front flower bed is pretty.  But, it didn't turn out like I had envisioned.  It's difficult to communicate what's in your head with someone else.  I should've had pictures to show.  Pictures like this one.  I think this is beautiful.  It's very fitting with our location and climate.  

I also always wanted a fountain that looked like this, but couldn't find a pot that I liked.  Isn't it beautiful?  This is when I get into the Lazy Perfectionist mode and go a different direction.  I like my fountain.  I think it's beautiful.  But, this one, well, this one is perfect.  
This little plant I've wanted to have in my garden since the mid-1990's when I lived in Massachusetts.  It's much better suited to the SoCal climate where I live now.  I actually have these, but they certainly aren't this lush.  It's one of the Erigeron family.  I think it's called Santa Barbara Daisy or Mexican Daisy.  Either way, I love it too.  
{All photos Sunset magazine}
I hope you enjoy some quiet moments in a garden this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. Please say hello while you are here. It would be so wonderful to meet you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails