Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Curious Sofa Field Trip

A very nice man who works at Curious Sofa, I think his name was Dana, offered to take our picture.

Isn't this castle just fabulous?
Sorry this is blurry, but I loved this display.
The ceilings are reclaimed from an old building on The Plaza, I think. Don't quote me.
DD1 loved this vintage leather rocker for just $250. I thought that was a great buy. It is in perfect condition.


As you can see from my previous post that I ended up in Kansas City this past week for very scary and difficult reasons. Thankfully, my Dad is doing very well. He was a star patient and is home, taking it slow and easy. I'm headed home tomorrow.

On Monday afternoon, while we had some extra time, my daughter and I went to visit Curious Sofa. My parents bought me a gift certificate from there for my birthday in April. The catch was that I had to come home in order to use it. Of course, we didn't think I'd come home for these reasons. I took some not-so-good pictures at Curious Sofa. I didn't have my favorite camera. I must move too much with the little point and shoot. Here are some pictures of the store. I'll post photos of what I bought after I get home.

6 comments:

  1. Yeah, he's on the mend!!!! Perhaps a trip to Nell Hill is allowed no too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would've been awesome, but am coming home tomorrow. Next time that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear your dad is doing better! What a nice little shop, love the displays! Thanks for sharing, I can't wait to see what you bought!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good news about your Dad and ever since I was introduced to Curious Sofa through your blog, I have been an addict for this store. I'm thinking that I have to find an excuse to go on a road trip myself.
    I would also have to save money for shopping. There's no way I could leave that castle birdcage there!
    T

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers to good health. AND fun shopping in KC. I'm in love with those tin ceilings. I would love to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have heard about the Curious Sofa before. Sounds like a fabulous place to visit. It was too too bad your Florida trip was displaced but fabulous that your Dad is doing well. I am sure you will get to make another fun trip soon. Thank you so much for visiting The Vintage Nest. Please come back soon. ` Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. Please say hello while you are here. It would be so wonderful to meet you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails