Sunday, February 22, 2009

Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup


I made Mom's Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup today.  It's so simple and perfect on a cloudy, rainy day.  From the looks of things, I may have overdone the noodles.  Is that a bad thing? Nah!

MOM'S HOMEMADE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
4-6 chicken breasts
Boil in a small amount of water until tender.  Remove meat to cool and cube.  Strain broth to make clear, add 2-3 cans of chicken broth.  I usually use the great big one.  This time I cut up the chicken breasts first, then boiled in water.  You could also boil in broth and omit water.

Add to broth:
2 medium onions, chopped
2-3 celery stalks, sliced
2-3 large carrots, sliced or chopped

Boil vegetables until tender then return chicken and large package of wide noodles.  Cook until noodles are tender and simmer for a short time.  Add 1-2 cans of Cream of Chicken soup for a creamier broth.  (I don't usually do this) This recipe makes a very large amount of soup.  I halved everything tonight.

4 comments:

  1. Mmmmm! That looks soooo good!

    It definitely doesn't have too many noodles! My soups always end up that way...super full of good stuff and not "soupy". lol Mmmmmm...good! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! Looks so inviting! Oscar watching food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Thanks for sharing this. I love homemade soups and I'm always on the lookout for a good recipe and this one looks delish.
    Blessings
    T

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhh, thank you. this sounds sooo good right now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. Please say hello while you are here. It would be so wonderful to meet you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails