Friday, January 16, 2009

Grocery Shopping

If I were to do this the RIGHT way, I'd be all organized.  To buy groceries the RIGHT way, I should clean out my frig first of all the nasties.  This should even be done every week on an appointed day, BEFORE I do my grocery shopping for my planned menus from a mapped out list. I actually have operated this way from time to time.  Not so much anymore.  For one, I don't cook as much as I used to, before the empty nest and a traveling husband.  Nowadays, if I plan meals and buy produce it sometimes sits when the best laid plans are changed.  This is not only bad stewardship but also a waste of money.  

But LOOK!  I have a cleaned out frig.  Yippee!  This has been a long time coming.  Although, I haven't planned any meals yet, I'm headed out soon to buy groceries.  

Here's a great list to help you map out your grocery store.  This REALLY does help and prevents any forgotten items on your list.  Just make it "your own" and save it on your computer to print out.  Use it when you run out of something.  Flylady also has lots of helpful suggestions on saving money and being organized when buying groceries.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. Please say hello while you are here. It would be so wonderful to meet you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails