Saturday, November 15, 2008

Wedding Details

I thought I'd show you a few details of our daughter's wedding. It was set in a theater built in 1912. (I think) The wedding had a distinctly vintage feel. We did a lot of planning on the internet. Blogs were big sources of inspiration. My favorite wedding blog is Snippet & Ink. I wish I had put my high heels back on for this picture. But, my feet thanked me. My corsage was pinned to a vintage looking purse from J Crew.
We raided the Grandmother's jewelry boxes for pearls and bought the apothecary jar at Home Goods. I made the runner.
DD1's veil was off of the internet. I'll have to ask her for the link. It was absolutely beautiful.

I used a picture off of a post on Snippet & Ink for the inspiration for this backdrop. We used lighted balloons instead of paper lanterns. They are attached by fishing line to the floor. You just had to be careful where you walked.

DD1 bought plain gloves at Target.com and added her Great-Grandmother's buttons to them. Her sister wore some we bought on Etsy.com.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Karen,

    Bubble and Squeak is a dish made form leftover vegetables and potatoes. Have a look athttp://www.anenglishmaninamerica.co.uk/british-bubble-and-squeak-recipe.php - to understand what it is all about.
    There are many variations on the theme. Thank you for stopping by French Essence and glad to have found your blog. xv

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. Please say hello while you are here. It would be so wonderful to meet you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails