Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Silhouette of the Statue of Liberty

Next week DH and I leave for a business trip to New York City! I'm excited and a little overwhelmed. Because it is a business trip there will be hardly any time for shopping or sightseeing. I have never REALLY been to New York City. Years ago when we lived in Boston we drove through it a couple of times on our way to visit our families in Kansas City. Yep, that was a long drive with little kids. Once we hopped onto a bus that took us into the City to see Beauty and the Beast. We had a little time to go into FAO Schwartz as I remember. After the production, we hopped back onto the bus and returned to Massachusetts, all in the same day. Whew. There is so much to see and do there that it is seriously intimidating. I would like to see ABC Carpet and Home and Tinsel Trading, if possible. If I thought about it long enough, I'd have a very long list, but no time. Bummer. By the way, isn't Mikkel's photo breathtaking? Thanks for letting me use it.

7 comments:

  1. 3 posts in one day?
    You spend entirely too much time on the computer.
    I think you've passed me up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i thought we went and saw beauty and the beast! lion king came out much later

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there...I just came across your blog and love it. That pic is beautiful hopefully you will get a little bit of play time. I love your decorating vignettes...cherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, I changed it. Your memory is better than mine! No surprise, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Tinsel Trading is SO cute! My friends and I just happened upon it by mistake a couple of years ago...just walking along, window shopping, and BANG, there it was, on what looks like a kind of shady side street...lol. The owners were there, and very sweet. ABC Carpet & Home is one of my goals, too!! I keep telling myself I should just hop a train and DO IT! (NYC is about 2.5hrs from me--but it's still scary!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daugher lives and works in NYC! You're goiing to have such a good time....I'm jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Try and get to John Derian and to Pearl River Mart. You will have a blast. We do it from Baltimore in one day... always at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. Please say hello while you are here. It would be so wonderful to meet you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails