Friday, August 22, 2008

Kitchen Corners

I thought I'd show you my kitchen counters. Woo hoo, you say? Well, I'll have you know I like my kitchen counters! Some people need to have empty counters to feel okay. NOT ME! I don't want any appliances on my counters, thank you very much. My counters need to be utilitarian, but pretty at the same time. By the way, I do cook. My youngest may not agree with that since I don't cook much on the weekends and that's when she comes around. But, when DH is home, I cook. Here is part of my ironstone collection doing it's job. The little can is a reproduction label on an empty can, purchased at the Kane County Flea Market in St. Charles, Illinois. That's a great flea market, by the way. The little salt cellar is from Sur La Table.
These jars are from Target. I can't spell it like I say it, but you know what I mean. Buddy especially loves the one in the front. The biggest one is full of cookie cutters, some old, some new. And yes, that's a stirrup holding napkins. My Mom had one for years so, of course, I needed one. Doesn't everyone? I really do hate those obnoxious outlets, though.

Here is a flower frog holding an old family recipe. Also, herbs are being stored on a stamp caddy. Dishsoap, balsamic vinegar and olive oil sit on a silver tray by the sink.
I found this silverplate wine cooler at the thrift store. It's perfect for utensils. I especially love old rolling pins. This one came from the Rose Bowl Flea Market, which is also very awesome. In the background is a plate by Emma Bridgewater. I LOVE her pottery. I bought a sugar and creamer when we went to London last Fall. Oh, by the way, she's British. The paper towels are being held by an old paper cutter I bought on ebay. A fun use for an old gadget. There is actually a little more, but it's a mess at the moment so I'm not showing pictures. How do you like your counters?

1 comment:

  1. I love my counters because they are granite. When we bought our house we started with that upgrade and cut corners elsewhere. I still have vinyl flooring in my bathrooms but I LOVE my granite.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. Please say hello while you are here. It would be so wonderful to meet you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails